Here are our 5 recommended steps to get started:
1. Schedule your free in-home consultation with an Advanced HVAC home comfort advisor. This step will allow you to gather more product knowledge on ccashp’s while also determining the scope of work for your retrofit. At the end of your consultation you will have a better understanding on converting your HVAC system and also receive a comprehensive and detailed quote.
2. Schedule your home energy assessment. As part of the HER+ program, before you begin your ccashp retrofit, you must complete a home energy assessment with a registered energy advisor. We recommend that you choose Enviro Centre as they operate locally in Ottawa and provide excellent service. You can contact them directly or simply ask your home comfort advisor to get you in touch with them. Enviro Centre website: https://www.envirocentre.ca/
3. Apply for the Canada Greener Homes Loan (Optional). You may choose to apply for the Canada Greener Homes loan which offers 0% financing on a 10 year term. Here is the link to apply: https://cghli.ca/home
4. Installation of the ccashp retrofit. Installation is completed by our trained and licensed technicians, this is usually a two day process.
5. Complete your post-retrofit EnerGuide home evaluation. This final step will allow your registered energy advisor to confirm the installation of your ccashp retrofit, this is how you receive your grant in the end.
It is important to understand why Canadians should choose to convert their HVAC system to a cold climate air source heatpump (ccashp). With extensive research from NRCAN, they have concluded that ccashp’s are indeed the way of the future, in order to achieve a low-carbon economy and to lower overall heating and cooling costs.
In order to incentivize Canadians to convert their HVAC systems to a ccashp, Enbridge Gas and the Canada’s Greener Homes Grant have partnered to provide rebates towards eligible retrofits. Most heat pump systems will qualify for a $5000-$6500rebate and 0% financing from these federal programs. This way Canadians are able to convert their traditional HVAC to the most advanced ccashp systems that are available on the market today, for about the same price as it would cost for a premium traditional HVAC system. It is also important to understand that not all heat pump systems have equal performance, contact us for more information.
ADVANCED HVAC IN OTTAWA
With 100+ years of combined experience, Advanced HVAC provides fast and efficient 24-hour emergency HVAC services in Ottawa, 365 days a year. A friendly & highly competent Advanced HVAC technician is always ready to assist you.